Search This Blog

Monday, November 17, 2014

Is it just me?

Maybe I'm just over sensitive. Or maybe people are just too busy with their own lives. Or maybe it's because I don't live near my family. But when I was growing up, if you were sick or had surgery or lost a family member, family and friends would rally. They would call, come by, send cards, bring food or flowers. They would check in to see what you needed after the fact. They would let you know they cared and were thinking of you. This is something I still make an effort to do. And yet it seems less and less others do so. Sure, people say let me know if you need anything. Some call and some send a card, but then they disappear... Back to their normal lives, I suppose. Not that I blame them. And of course this isn't everyone. It just seems different somehow; like we're less connected. Or is it just me?

1 comment: