Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

It's that time of year...

Oh late August.... the time of year that students go back to school. For most of the Breeder world, that means getting the kiddies ready to embark on a new grade or getting a college student situated in an apartment or dorm. Not me!

SS20 did spend about 12 days with us while he was between apartments, making sure to disrupt my mojo just enough to make me uncomfortable - no trapesing around in my skivvies, no certainty that what was in the 'fridge when I left in the morning would be there when I got home in the evening, moving furniture around to accommodate his video games. I must admit that that last one was what made me most uncomfortable, even though it's unreasonable.... the furniture's back where it belongs. But I digress.

Late August can be annoying, disturbing, and depressing... and everything in between. For me, this year, it was more on the annoying side. My general feeling was "Your kid's starting the (xxx)th grade.... BFD! I don't care about back to school! I don't care that you cried. I don't care that he/she picked out an outfit that didn't match! Blah, blah, blah... so WHAT!?!? Now, get out of my way; you're blocking traffic trying to get into that school parking lot. I have to get to WORK!"  Of course, I didn't say any of that to anyone. I have mostly avoided FB, for the inundation of "First Day of School" pictures and posts.

Can we say bitter?! Yeah... just a little!

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is that in a few years the bitterness will go, and you won't even notice aside from complaining about the traffic (that never changes). And it means during the day that the cafes are peaceful, the malls empty, the parents back to work, and so a good time to go on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mali! I certainly hope so... because right now I just dread the mommy-palooza, back to school flood! It makes it very hard to navigate the television, radio and print ads and the emotional minefield that is FB. But here's to hoping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The back to school time can be especially hard. Been there. I haven't checked my blog in a while, and wanted to thank you for the sweet, sweet note that you left me. I'm still trying to decide what to do moving forward with it - still infertile, but now a mom. As happy as I am, there are still things that people do that make me crazy as a former infertility warrior. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete