Search This Blog

Monday, February 6, 2012

Breeders

Now, I'm not going to sit here and say that it is unreasonable for parents to gush about their children. Certainly, if I were lucky enough to have some, I'd probably do the same. But, PEOPLE!!! Come ON!!! Is this the only thing you are able to contribute or to comment on daily? Breastfeeding, strollers, pediatricians, and PTA? You had a life before you had children... I know... I was there! You had interests and passions and pet peeves that you used to talk about. Were all of those things surgically removed the day you had a child -- or in some cases, the day you found out you were expecting? What happened? Oh, I can hear the breeders now: "you just couldn't understand... being a parent changes everything!" Yeah, yeah. I know. Different perspective, new priorities, whole new world.... blah, blah, blah. Still, does that mean that you stop being you? That you stop having interests other than your children? That you stop having friends - or at least friends who don't have kids, too? Maybe it does. Maybe that's how it SHOULD be. Maybe you're right... I couldn't POSSIBLY understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment