Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Resolution

So, I don't really make New Years resolutions. They seem like a set up for failure. I do make note of things I'd hope to do, or not do, as the case may be. But it just dawned on me that there is ONE resolution I need to make... and stick to it: Waterproof Mascara... EVERY TIME! It never fails that the day I start out feeling marginally ok, and I put on regular mascara, is the day I get a big ol' cosmic smack that says "Oh, not yet, missy! You've still got some misery to endure." And I end up with black/gray smudges around my eyes or on my face that I inevitably don't notice until I get home. Just this week, for example, I woke up thinking we had gotten past the holidays and the tears and discomfort that came with them. Then, like a punch to the gut, a long-time friend announces she's expecting this summer. That announcement sparks a comment from someone else that another former classmate is also expecting. DAMN IT! Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them. Just not so much for me.... I'm jealous, in a HUGE way! It hit me so hard I literally thought I would vomit. It was touch and go there for a minute, but I made it through sans barfing! But the tears flowed and the mascara looked like a hot mess. So, until I can hear about pregnancies and see or hear rug-rats without falling to pieces, it's waterproof mascara all the way! So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment