Search This Blog

Monday, October 17, 2011

Another focus

My therapist says I have to find another place to put my energy. That is to say, a place other than wallowing in the misery of being childless, not by choice. She's right. I do. And, the truth is, there's really only one place that makes sense: Art. Long before I knew I would not be a mother, long before I really gave it much thought at all, there was Art. Until I met my wonderful husband, Art was the only thing that ever gave my life real meaning. The only place where I felt completely at home. And even now, it is the love of my life... in the true sense of the phrase. When it is not part of my life I am lost and depressed, which has been the case for far too long. So, I will begin the conversion of our extra room into a studio, in ernest. And I will start going to figure drawing sessions, to rehone my skills. And for the first time in a long time, I'm as giddy as a school-girl in love. Now, I just have to keep the momentum!

No comments:

Post a Comment