Search This Blog

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Counseling

It's very useful. It gives me lots to think about... different perspectives on my particular situation. But it's hard. It's painful and as much as I know it's good to go and I really love my counselor, I dread it.

Counseling, therapy... whatever you call it. It makes me look at all those emotions I instinctively try so hard to tamp down, because they hurt. I don't really WANT to deal with all that stuff. I want to stuff it in a corner and forget about it. But the feelings always bubble up whether I go see my counselor or not. Grrr!

And afterwards I'm drained. Like the wind has been knocked right out of me. It usually takes a couple days to just recover. But then I have helpful stuff to think about. Work to do. It's a little bitter-sweet... since I have NO desire to actually do the work. But do it I must... {{sigh}}.

No comments:

Post a Comment